What is Remote Monitoring?
Adelaide Cardiologys is pleased to offer you our Cardiac Rhythm Device Remote Monitoring Service.
Using new technology our remote monitoring service will enable us to check your implanted cardiac pacemaker or defibrillator from your home.
To ensure optimal care and performance, it is essential that your device has lifelong and regular checks.
In the past, these checks have required that you make regular visits to your Cardiologist. Using new technology, remote monitoring allows us to check your device from your home, using the mobile network (most commonly), or in other cases a standard telephone land-line or wireless internet service. The monitor* will automatically check your implanted device every day of the year (in the evening when you are asleep) to make sure it is functioning properly. If an alert is detected, this information will be sent to HeartCare Partners and we will evaluate the alert and take the appropriate action.
You do not need access to a computer or the internet to use this service. You only need to have mobile network coverage, a smart phone, a standard telephone land-line connection or a wireless internet service.
Our Remote Monitoring Service is designed to:
- Increase the speed of sending critical device and heart rhythm information to your Cardiologist
- Increase your safety by allowing faster transmission of device alerts to your Cardiologist
- Save you time and the inconvenience of multiple clinic appointments
- Save you money by reducing cost like travel, parking, lost income etc
- Reduce the burden to your work or family by eliminating the need to take time off work and for family members to accompany you to your appointment
For additional information please contact Adelaide Cardiology
Phone: 08 8202 6600 or
* daily automatic monitoring possible with wireless monitors and devices only